Monday, September 26, 2011

Scrapstars

Why is it when you are having such a great weekend the time goes so quickly!
I travelled up to Leeds on Friday for the Scrapstars retreat where I was teaching alongside 3 other teachers...Emma Trout, Lida De Witte and Kirsty Wiseman. I was very nervous about teaching along side such seasoned scrapping teachers but they were all lovely. Their classes were amazing, I was totally in awe of Lidas creations, she is so innovative, I should have taken photos of her class projects so I could show you I know you would have all been as impressed as I was.
It was really great to catch up with old friends and also make new ones, the delegates really were such a lovely group of ladies.
I taught 2 classes, both 12x12 layouts so I thought I would share them with you...
My first class used Websters Country Estate papers.





I really love sitting and cutting out elements from the papers but I'm not sure all the delegates were as keen by the time they finished my class lol they all gave it a go though and their pages were looking really lovely, I am looking forward to seeing some finished projects uploaded.


 Penny and Amanda busy scrapping away!


Hannah adding the finishing touches to her page, I had chatted to Hannah a few times on line so it was really great to finally meet her in real life.

Caroline, Lesley ( the event organisers) and Carol who came all the way from Spain for the event!
My second class focused on how easy it is to add transparencies to your pages. I used the gorgeous Glitz range, I don't usually do yellow but this range has such a lovely vintage feel it made the yellow acceptable lol.



Caroline and Lesley did an amazing job of organising the weekend, fingers crossed they haven't been put off organising another one!!
TFL
xx

18 comments:

Jill said...

Absolutely gorgeous LOs Rachael, just love the little pearls around your photo of Emily. Really pleased that you had such a good time. Any chance that we can have a Retreat like that down our way?? Why are all the brilliant ones up north!! Jill x

Kathy Rogers said...

thank you Rachel for such lovely pages, uploaded my first one here

Tracy said...

Both gorgeous pages Rachael, as i knew they would be. Glad you had a good time.
Hugs Tracy x

Unknown said...

Hey friend you did so stunning job love it your design !!!
Have great week !!

XX Carla

Lou said...

oh Rachael, your layouts show that your classes were amazing - maybe one day i'll be able to make one of them! xxxx

sixofone aka Leah said...

Fabulously amazing LO's Rachael. All these lovely LO's are making me wish my cast would come off already so I can scrap again.

Handmade Hannah said...

Rachael I really enjoyed both of your classes (even the fussy cutting!). I do look a bit silly in that photo don't I? I will upload my finished layout once I get around to unpacking from the weekend! Thanks again :)

Toni Cartwright said...

OH MY Rachael these all just STUNNING and those photos too what great memories!!!!
Love that fussy cutting too
Take care
TONI
XOXOXO
PS im glad you had fun!!!

gwyneth said...

Stunning pages Rachael. I'm a bit jealous that some familiar faces were able to do you classes !
Glad you had a good week-end.

Lesley said...

Thanks for the amazing classes Rachael and for your gorgeous "teacher artwork" which I won. I have mounted it on some white 12 x 12 bazzill, used the signed area from the back of it on a tag which I've added to the front of the page so your details are showing and it is now framed and hung in my craft room and I love it, very inspiring. I look forward to seeing you again.
Lesley

Rachael Funnell said...

FAN FAB U LAS Rachael!!!
Both Layouts are just Gorgeous....
I'm such a BIG fan of Emma's Work!!!!
It would be So fun to be able to go to the Retreat to meet you & EM!!!
Hope you have a Wonderful Week....
xx

Romy said...

It seems like you've had a wonderful time at the scrap retreat and that the girls loved your classes too:) I so wish I could have attended them too! Your layouts are both absolutely gorgeous!

Karen leonard said...

Beautiful layouts, your passion for detail really shines through. Hope you enjoyed teaching, you have a lot to share! karen

Blessed so much said...

Your pages are so gorgeous, Rachael! So glad you enjoyed your teaching time!

Alicia

Penny aka Pennyk said...

Rachael- as always the classes were stunning I even managed to do the 'fussy' cutting- well most of it!!It was great to see you againxxx
Not so sure about the photo of me though LOL

Bubbles said...

Both beautiful layouts... think I like the first one best. No... the second one. No... first one... um....
:)

Carol said...

Your classes were amazing and you certainly did a great job teaching. It was so lovely to see you again and so nice of you to mention me on your blog, still putting the finishing touches to the second layout will share with you when I have finished, only got back from the UK late last night.

Sarah said...

Rachael, these are amazing layouts .... love all the details! x