Sunday, August 7, 2011

Normal Service Resumed!

Apologies for the lack of posts over the last few weeks, we have just got back from 2 lovely weeks down in France. We had an amazing time and had some gorgeous really hot weather which I was desperate for, somehow I managed to take 1800 photos which are uploading as I type!! Fingers crossed I should have 1 or 2 that I can scrap lol. I will share a few when I have gone through them, might take me a while.
I think the only thing I have missed about home has been my scrapping, I didn't spot any scrapping shops but I did manage to pick up a few scrapping bits like French lace and a gorgeous zip (my family thought I was mad!).
While we were away the My Creative Scrapbook August kits were revealed so I can share my creations with you now. I worked on the Limitied Edition kit which is simply gorgeous!!




I love this photo of Rebecca, and these papers were just perfect to compliment the colours in the picture. I raised the photo up on a piece of chipboard so that the string of pearls would sit easily around the edge and create a frame.


Gosh I was a chubby baby!
The kit came with a packet of K and Co water colour die cuts which were great for adding lots of little details to the page.


This is one of Emily's official prom photos taken by Wozoncanvas, they very kindly put all her photos onto disc for me so that I could print them off for scrapping. This is the first time I have scrapped a photo of her with her lovely boyfriend Will. they make a really sweet couple. I cut the centre out of the Melissa Frances paper and added it onto a sheet of bazzill and then added a punched border around the edge to soften it off.




I loved this lace effect paper and made the perfect background for a vintage page, this photo is my Grandma and my Aunty I think taken during WW2 to send to my Grandpa who was away with the Navy. I added lots of layers to this page, I added chipboard behind the photo again so that the lace would lay properly on the page.


When I went to Ally Pally I bought a packet of Prima jounaling cards, I loved the cards but I loved the box they were in just as much! I decided to use this kit to alter it and make a little box for Emily to keep all her prom photos in. I gave the outside of the box a coating of acrylic paint and crackle glaze before I started and then just added elements from the kit. I just LOVED the little Melissa Francis resin white oval frame, it is so cute!


I wanted this kit to go on and on but this was the last project that I created with it. I wanted to create something where the gorgeous Melissa Frances brooch pin could be used so I created a birthday card.

I am really looking forward to getting back to scrapping and hopefully I will have some more projects to share with you soon!
Thank you for popping over to visit my blog :)
xxxx

15 comments:

Romy said...

Welcome back! So glad to hear you've had a wonderful time in France:) Gosh, 1800 photos? That's quite a lot;) We were in Stockholm for only 4 days and somehow my computer says I took 800 photos in only a few days time...oops! At least we have a lot to scrap now:) Your work with the LE kit this month is simply stunning! Such gorgeous dreamy and shabby chic creations. I really love your creative use of the ribbons and lace too. You never cease to amaze me:)

Tracy said...

Stunning creations as always Rachael. Pleased to hear you had a lovely holiday.
Hugs Tracy x

Lou said...

good to hear you had a lovely time in France - and i'm sure you'll have more than two photos to scrap Rachael lol!!

Your layouts are always beautiful and so delicate too - I just love all the details!!

Thank you for your lovely comment - unfortunately we never eat at Rick Steins...too stressful....with five boys they wouldn't have appreciated it lol! we're saving it for another time xxx

gwyneth said...

Oh my you've done it again, absolutely stunning LO's Rachael.
Glad you had a good holiday :)

Lisa said...

One word! Fabulous!!

L
x

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Rachael,what beautiful and soft creations you made with the kit,simply fabulous girl!!

Jill said...

There you go again Rachael! Just wonderful inspirational LOs and I thought you said you didn't make cards!... umm! Jill x

Unknown said...

Hi friend welcome back glad to see again .
and you have amazing gorgeous job done with the Kit You work rock's so
I love it so the shabby chic Kit !!

hugs carla

Gems said...

Absolutely gorgeous layouts and cards Rachael. So much detail and lots to look at - stunning! Looking forward to seeing some holiday layouts :) xx

Carol said...

Welcome back Rachael, pleased you had a great holiday, 1800 photos, wow. Amazing work as usual and love the papers and lace.

Carol x

Lesley said...

Welcome back Rachael, missed your inspired designs whilst you were away. Can you see your computer behind the huge pile of photos you will have to scrap with now? Lovely layouts.
Lesley

Rachael Funnell said...

Hey Rachael!
Glad to here you had a wonderful time & OMG 1800 photo's later, It's good to here that i'm not the only 1 who takes loads of Photo's..
Maybe it's a Rachael thing!! LOL!
Anyways Just L.O.V.E all your creations here you have worked magic with the Kit...
Lots of juice ideas, I may have to borrow!! hehehe
xx

Jen said...

gorgeous pages Rachael, so beautiful! Glad you had a lovely holiday!

kjjc said...

fabulous projects Rachael. the kits look fantastic and you are soooo lucky to be able to work with them.

Julia said...

Nice to have you back Rachael and look forward to seeing your holiday pics on future pages :) All beautiful works of art but especially love the one of Emily and her boyfriend - the little splashes of colour on the grey are perfect!