Monday, August 22, 2011

New Sketch Blog Gone Live!!!

Today is the day!!! The new My Creative Scrapbook sketch blog has gone live, this months sketch is great fun to use and the prizes are amazing, so why not come over and join us.....you know you want to! lol


Here is my interpretation of the sketch, I have used some Prima Madeline papers and some gorgeous little flowers that I found (Prima ones) at a new craft shop that has opened up a few miles from me.


To provide a frame to the page I simply hand drew a pencil line around my central design before I had stuck anything down then removed all the papers and embellishments and added machine stitching along the line. It is only a simple addition to the page but it draws your eye to the centre and holds it on the page.





Can't wait to see you over on the sketch blog!
TFL
xx

10 comments:

Lisa Barrie said...

I saw your take on the sketch and it turned out gorgeous!. It's so fun to have a fabulous new blog for sketches.

Jill said...

Flippin heck if the shop is that good I have got to go there when I visit!!! I'll pop over there and check the blog out right now! Jill x

Romy said...

Oh gosh, your take on the sketch is just absolutely gorgeous! You do the negative space so well, I love how you really made the colours stand out. Such amazing work!

Lou said...

Hi Rachael, fantastic layout so pretty and delicate. Great photo of Emily too xx will check out your link xx

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a beautiful and delicate LO Rachael!

Rachael Funnell said...

Hey Rachael!
I SOOOO Love your take on this My Creative sketchbook Sketch....
Filled with prima goodies,
Just BEAUTIFUL in everyway!!!!
I will differently try & play along!!! Thanks for the heads UP xx

kjjc said...

as always Rachael simply stunning. Don't know how you just keep on doing it. Just wish it would rub off on me. Gorgeous.

hilde janbroers said...

I loved the layout as soon as I saw it!! it's gorgeous!

Nat said...

Hello my lovely! Just had a lovely long catch up with your blog....I love your work on your new DT, their kits suit your style perfectly. Beautiful pages as always missus! Glad you all had a lovely holiday too :) xxx

Julia said...

Wow Rachael this one's a stunner! And you have a new craft shop up the road! (Turns green with jealousy!!) Will pay the sketch blog a visit :)