Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Just A Few Photos!

Well I have started to go through the 1800 photos that I took in France so I thought I would share a few of my favourites with you, don't worry I won't subject you to too many!!
This photo was taken on our way to Rocamadour which you can see in the background, it turned into a gorgeous hot sunny day and Rocamadour was amazing, don't know how they managed to build it right on the edge of the cliff!
One of our favourite days was when we canoed 13km down the Dordogne river, we started off early and had the river pretty much to ourselves which was great. We all really really enjoyed it and could have gone on for a lot longer (despite the blisters on my right hand from paddling!!) I was pleasantly surprised how these photos turned out, it wasn't easy trying the take a photo while balancing in a canoe and holding on to my paddle! It also meant that I wan't concentrating on where Emily and I were going and we managed to run aground at one point lol. All good fun.

I love this photo of the girls, just about sums them up lol, it was taken in Sarlat which was a gorgeous town with amazing old buildings, apparently it has been used as a film location many times.
Emily is Harry Potter mad at the moment and read 3 of the books while we were away!
In the front garden of the gite there was a lovely big tree which made the perfect location for photos, it let just enough sunlight through. I managed to persuade them to let me take their photos there, I took loads but these are two of my favourites.

Justin even took a few of my under the tree and surprisingly I was actually quite pleased with them!
My little family, this was another photo taken at Rocamadour, we climbed up the zig zag path to the Château at the very top of the cliff and on each bend there was a little shrine. 
Another one taken at Sarlat, our first visit had been on Market day when the whole town was just heaving so we went back for a second time just so we could have a proper look around without fighting through crowds all the time.
A lot of our time was spent by the pool at the gite, it was so lovely to feel the heat of the sun all the time, I was definitely meant to live in a hot country!

As you can imagine I have got loads more photos but I won't bore you with them! I have ordered some so they will start appearing on my pages soon enough.
My Creative Scrapbook have got an exciting new project being launched soon, if you love using sketches you are going to love this! Keep an eye on the MCS blog for the big reveal in a few days time!
TFL
xx

12 comments:

Lou said...

beautiful photos Rachael. Rocamadour is very picturesq xx

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! these all look like it was the BEST time... xx

Tracy said...

Beautiful photo's Rachael, that one of you is gorgeous, and i can't believe how much your hair has grown since March.
Hugs Tracy x

sixofone aka Leah said...

What lovely photos. You look like you all had a great time

Jill said...

Such gorgeous pictures Rachael - the girls look as if they had a fab time! Jill x

Carol said...

So glad you had a nice holiday and the weather was good too, it certainly makes a change when the sun is shining. Love the photos especially yours.

Carol x

Unknown said...

wowsers what amazing beautiful pictures the are so beautiful en you to!!
Scrappppyy time with your picters LOL

hugs carla

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic photos, Emily and Rebecca are stunning, and the photo of you Justin took is gorgeous! Can't wait to see some of them scrapped! xx

gwyneth said...

Fab photos Rachael. Love your hair that length and J has taken a beautiful shot of you.

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time. Gorgeous gorgeous pics - love the one of you. You are right to like it xx

Jen said...

gorgeous pics Rachael, sounds like you all had a wonderful time :)

Romy said...

These photos are all gorgeous! It seems like you've had an amazing time in France. We've been in the Dordogne a few years ago too and it's such a beautiful place! I also love your new avvie:)