Thursday, February 24, 2011

Simple Pleasures

I am sticking to my decision and trying to use up some of my old stash, anyone who has read my blog will know that one of my favourite paper manufacturers is MME and I have got a huge pile of their papers. I sorted them all out yesterday and decided to use some of the Breaking Free range which I NEEDED to buy ages ago and had never ever used!!
I have scrapped this photo twice before but it is one of my favourites, it is one of those lucky snaps that has just captured a very special moment.
I like to create some kind of border on my layouts to stop the eye running off the page, on this page I machine stitched some lace approximately 1.5 inches in from the edge all the way around.


 The lace flower was simply created by putting a running stitch along one edge of the lace, gathering it all together and then tying it off, I have used an adhesive gem to the centre to cover the hole and added a decorative pin.

The page didn't have any butterflies initially but I just couldn't help myself so it now has three!


One of the plus points of not being allowed back to work yet is plenty of scrapping time!
TFL
xx

6 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Simply beautiful and I love the lace flower. You can never have too many butterflies on a page LOL!!

Handmade Hannah said...

What a beautiful layout. The colour combination is lovely and calming. The elements compliment the photo beautifully rather than distracting from it. Thanks for sharing :)

MiniOwner said...

Sooooo gorgeous!
Sue x

Jill said...

Just love that photo and the sweet colours you have used Rachael. Can't imagine you ever doing a LO without a butterfly!! Don't use all the bits I want a chance to go through the bit box when I come over!! Jill

Claire said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty Rachael, and I soooo get the obsession with butterflies, my punch just wont stay in the tote :)

Lou said...

gorgeous Rachael, i love the papers and all the layering. The lace frame sets the page and it just wouldn't be the same with beautiful butterflies x