Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sweetness

It has been so nice to have lots of time over the last week to get up in my craft room and scrap, having my shoulder done has made me take a step back from my usual routine and slow down which has been a really refreshing change. If I was pain free it would be perfect lol!!
Anyway I finished off another page yesterday using those gorgeous Pink Paislee Sweetness papers, I have really enjoyed using them. Being able to cut out so many designs is always a plus for me, to create this page the only extra embellishments I have used is a Zva swirl, some adhesive gems and a length of lace.




When I started scrapping I would always use a piece of cardstock as my background paper but over the years I have totally gone off using cardstock of any sort unless it is white bazzill or kraft paper so I surprised myself when Iactually liked the green bazzill on this page! It was the perfect paper to create the leaves from too.
One of my favourite embellishments at the moment are Zva Creations products especially their pearl and bling swirls, they are so easy to use and I think they can add so much to your page. DH is taking me for a little visit to Craft Obsessions on Thursday so I am really hoping to stock up on my bling and pearl supplies! Craft Obsessions isn't a bricks and mortar shop but David and Brenda (the owners) have very kindly agreed to let me go and have a look around their stock room and I can't wait! DH is going to have his work cut out moving boxes and carrying stash! I will let you know what I end up buying.
TFL
xx

6 comments:

Karen leonard said...

I wasn't sure i liked these papers with the old fashioned flowers, but you have managed to make them bright fresh and modern! A super layout, and the green looks great too...Have fun stash shopping! Karen

Clare said...

Lovely layout, really love all the floral elements. Have fun on your stash buying trip!

Nat said...

I'm the same with cardstock, there are so many pretty pretty papers out there that cardstock is always my last option! Have fun on your shopping trip, sounds like you will do ;) xxx

Jill said...

Really love this LO Rachael, its a gorgeous photo of Rebecca and those beautiful papers are so perfect. Am green with envy about the Craft Obsessions thing, have a lovely trip! Jill x

Lou said...

Beautiful Rachael xx enjoy your spending spree :)

MiniOwner said...

That is soooo lovely!
Sue x