Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Barn 2010

Wow what a weekend! I have been away with the Sarah's Cards DT to a fab barn up in the Peak District, they are such a great bunch of girls and we had an amazing time together. We missed Jen (who has just had a little one) and Claire but hopefully we will see them both in March at the retreat!
I thought I would share a bit of what we got up too although most of my photos seem to be of the view from our scrapping table! It was an amazing view though lol.
This was Saturday morning when no one else was up, it was such a gorgeous morning I just had to capture it on film.

 Sunset on Saturday evening.
 Vanessa and Gems, both such lovely girls. I was really looking forward to meeting Gems as she was unable to come last year. We had some great "nursy" conversations lol.
 Sarah bought us all some sparklers so we had to have a play with them on Sunday night. Not sure what shape Rachel was trying to make but it looks great anyway!
 Lianne making a star.
 The scene of organised chaos in the barn!
 Sarah's Cards DT 2010 (minus Jen and Claire)
 Sunday afternoon sky, there was a steam train that kept going backwards and forwards across the fields but despite taking lots of photos I didn't manage to get a good shot of it.
 Lou being creative......chatting. Lou is the most amazing scrapper and her use of mists and paint is so inspirational.
 Rachel, trying to make her pack of thickers stretch.
 Gems and Nat, these two were so productive I think Gems created 7 stunning pages! (I managed 3 pages lol)
 Sunday night Sarah treated us to a chinese takeaway and it was scrummy. Sadly Vanessa and Cathy had left earlier on in the evening so are missing from the photo.
It was such an amazing weekend and it was great to meet up with all the girls again, I even managed to drive myself there with only the sat nav for company. I did go wrong on the way up and took the M42 instead of the M6 and had a bit of a panic when I thought I was going to have to drive through Birmingham! The world is my oyster now, I can drive anywhere lol (as long as it isn't too far off the motorway lol)
TFL
xx

9 comments:

kjjc said...

lol. love your account of getting lost. Looking forward to March.

Jen said...

aw great pics, brings back memories of last year!

Jill said...

Wow, just looks as if you had a great time Rachael and they look such a great group of girls, will look forward to meeting some of them at the Retreat next November!! Jill x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant photos Rachael - it was the best!! x

Rachel said...

aww i feel quite sorry for myself and my lack of thickers lol, lovely photos, you gonna share them? x

Lou said...

looks as if you have a fab time. great pics, love the sparkler star x

cathy said...

Great pics Rachael, can't wait to see 'all' of the sparkler ones - so sad I had to leave before the Chinese, my fav food ever!

Gems said...

Fab photos Rachael :o) Such an amazing weekend, and it was lovely to finally meet you! xxx

Louise said...

Great pics Rachael... apart from the sneaky one of me *tut tut*
You may have only got 3 LOs done, but they were 3 STUNNING LOs. You are so clever, I am in awe of how pretty your LOs are.
Looking forward to catching up in March
xxx