Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mix and Mend.

When I saw these Mix and Mend papers on line I wasn't really sure how you could use them but I wanted to give them a go as they were so different. I decided that the elements on the Handmade Hobnob paper would look good layered up so I bought two sheets, one to use as the background and the other to cut up.

 I cut around the lace on my bacground paper so that I could slip the photo underneath it, I also cut around the end of the brown strip of paper along the bottom and added different elements underneath it. I screwed up the edges of the strip to add depth and make it look like the strip had been added to the layout and wasn't already printed on the paper. One of the lovely things of the Sassafras papers is the edging strip, on this paper range they are especially nice. I cut the one from the bottom of this paper and then trimmed the left hand side of the page and added the die cut strip.

I think this is a photo that I am going to be scrapping quite a bit as this is the second page I have used it on in the last week! I can't share the first yet.
TFL
xx


6 comments:

Jennifer Grace said...

Beautiful page, I love all the lacy doily-ness! xx

Jill said...

Wow Rachael, just love all that layering again, its gorgeous, just beautiful - I probably say that everytime but I mean it! Jill x

Mel said...

I like this page, it is really effective and shabby!

Rachel said...

wow love this, i have been debating these papers for a bit

Lou said...

Beautiful layout Racheal, love those papers. I love all the elements you've used, they all go together so lovely x

VickiA said...

I love these papers but haven't parted with my money as I haven't seen them in the flesh. Might have to treat myself now...