Thursday, July 8, 2010

Nearly Finished!

Well after lots of hard work my craft room is nearly finished! I am so pleased with how it has all come together and I have got so much more space not just for storage but also working space. I really wanted to have a work station area where I could keep the sewing machine (which had previously lived on the floor!) and the cricut making them much easier to access and use. The little buckets above the desk contain my cottons and bits and pieces, I need to get another couple of the metal bars and plastic buckets at some point.The shelf looked rather plain so I created some simple bunting from some old scenic route papers that I had been saving for ages. I wanted to try and tie the green of the boxes into the room a bit more so added some green into the bunting and framed two green layouts to stand on the shelf. I have added some old boxes and a bucket that I already had but I need to get some more small storage baskets to fit onto the shelf. As you can tell I still have quite a list of things to get to totally finish the room!

When I was at Ikea I bought this desk organiser, as nice as it is in its natural state it was crying out to be prettied up a bit.
I created templates for all the surfaces out of white cardstock.
I used some gorgeous Prima papers to cover each of the templates in a patchwork design. I inked all the edges to made them more defined.

I didn't want any of the wooden edges to show so I have painted them with some pale pink paint.
I stuck all the covered templates onto the organiser and it just needs to be given a coat of varnish (which I have ordered!) to make it more hardy and long lasting.

It is the perfect place for keeping my note paper, tiny alphas (of which I seem to have loads) and bits and pieces.

Thanks for popping by to have a look.
Rachael
xx

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Fabulous Rachael! looks great! there's only one thing missing ;-) lol

xxx

(I'm sure you can wrap him around your little finger:-D )

Rachel said...

looks fab rach, i have that desk tidy, and not touched it lol, well altered it, and its a mess yours looks so pretty, bet u cant wait to get scrapping xx

Tracy said...

Wow Rachael it looks fabulous, i'm so jealous, my little room is an utter mess, and so small. When can i come to play? lol
Hugs Tracy x

Hannah said...

WHat a transformation! Very impressive! Hope you ahve a lovely time creating in there! x

Anna said...

Your scrap room looks lovely.
I do like to have a nose at other peoples rooms, you always see new things that inspire you.
Also love the bunting and desk organiser.
Anna x

My not so simple life said...

wow its looking brill! love the desk tidy. :)

Jill said...

Oh WOW Rachael, it looks gorgeous, can't wait to see it! Jill x

Clare said...

Your room is looking great, I may have to take myslef to Ikea for a desk tidy like yours!

KraftyKaren said...

Your room is looking really fab - I am sure you are going to have great fun playing in there.

Hope and Chances said...

It looks so organised and I love all the green - so fresh looking. I'm thinking of selling a child to have a craft room of my own! ;-)

Lou said...

You lucky girl you! fabulous room....

Nikki said...

Oh Oh Oh!!.... Your craft room looks FAB Racheal... I know who I'll be interogating if I ever make over mine!! :D

Paige said...

Your room looks FAB Rachael!!! all crisp and clean ready for some of your amazing Layouts to be created :) loving the bunting!!!!!

Jackie xxx said...

OMG - this room look fab, love how you have done you desk organiser.