Monday, June 28, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

What can I say, what a wonderful weekend! A huge thank you to Julia for organising it you did a wonderful job again. The weather was really lovely, hot and sunny for the whole time we were there. It was great to meet up with the girls that I had met last year, they were all so friendly. I managed to do six layouts over the weekend which for me has got to be some kind of record! I can't show you them all but I will post those that I can this week.
Last week Craft Obsessions posted on UKS about some new corragated card that they had in stock, I love anything that adds dimension to my pages so I popped over to have a look. The paper is just gorgeous and I bought some in kraft and the white that I have used on this layout. It is certainly easier than trying to rip up a pizza box!!
A few weeks ago I bought the Tim Holtz tattered florals dies, I just had to have them but didn't actually use them until this weekend. I have to say though that I really love them, to create this embellishment I cut out one of each of the dies, inked the edges and them scrumpled up each flower before layering them up. I added a punched circle for the centre and a little butterfly to add some extra interest. I can see I am going to be using these a lot.
When I got to the retreat I was allocated a room that could easily have doubled as a broom cupboard, when one of the other girls said that she had been given a room she didn't need as she was sharing I asked if I could change. I am so glad that I did, my new room was a lot bigger and had a lovely view over the garden and this huge tree. There were quite a few squirrels playing in the grounds as well which I could watch from my window.
On Saturday morning Linda, Lisa and I went for a walk down into Sidmouth. It was a beautiful day really hot and sunny, Sidmouth is a really pretty town with lots of public gardens which are so well manicured. I just had to take some photos of these.
We decided that this was a conkey, from behind it looked much more like a cow than a donkey but from the front it was definitely a donkey...hence conkey :)
I will pop a few more photos on tomorrow but my bed is calling now, back to work tomorrow.
TFL
xx

3 comments:

Jennifer Grace said...

Gorgeous layout, I love the corrugated card background - will have to get me some of that! The photos of Sidmouth are lovely too, I didn't know it was so pretty. x

Jill said...

Just love that conkey!! Your LO looks even better a second time around Rachael! Jill x

Sarah said...

How fabulous. My great granny lived in a thatched cottage in Sidmouth - beautiful place. Pleased you had such a lovely time