Saturday, February 13, 2010

On Top Of The World

When I was little we used to have a lovely blue and red climbing frame in our garden, we had hours of fun on it not just for climbing on but also creating dens. We used to push planks of wood across the top rungs and then cover the top with blankets and tie them on with rope. I have got very fond memories of that climbing frame and when I found this photo of my brother and I standing on top of it with our cousin I wanted to create a page to tell its story. I have added my jounaling onto the card in the envelope but I did that after the photo was taken!
Some of the papers and embellishments I used were from an Austrailian kit called "what is old is new". I found this kit on an Austrailain blog called Lets get Shabby, there are some wonderful layouts and projects on there, if you like more the more vintage style scrapping it is definitley worth a look.























TFL

3 comments:

Jill said...

Great memory Rachael, and that is probably why its such a lovely LO. I always think that if the photo is important to you, the LO is always better! Jill x

VickiA said...

Hi Racheal, just catching up on your blog. I just love this LO and the one's of your grandparents. They are beautiful.

Rachel said...

love love this rach, fab photos and that lo is just fab, how lucky to have a climbing frame, surely making a den is the greatest thing to do when you are little lol x