Monday, November 2, 2009

GoGo Getaway!!

What a weekend!!
I was so nervous about the drive I very nearly got Justin to drive me up, a good job that I didn't as it took me over 6 hours to get there! The traffic was heavy even in Weymouth but I got held up in horrendous traffic on the M3 and the M25 not much fun. I finally arrived at the hotel about 5.15. I met Angie when I got there which was lovely.
My room was really nice and I had a huge double bed all to myself! Only one problem on the Saturday morning there was a problem with the boiler so I had a cold shower and I mean cold, guess on the bright side it did wake me up a bit.
I was sat with my fellow Zircons!! Met up with Chloe again which was great we met at another retreat 2 years ago, she hasn't changed a bit. I could go on and on about all the lovely girls that I met they were all so friendly and chatty. I do have to mention Jackie, she is apparantly a fan of my scrapping and she made me feel like a celebrity, she was so lovely and really made my weekend. It was really lovely to have such positive comments, thanks Jackie :)
I did travel quite light and just took two gogo kits with me, I managed to do two of my own layouts over the weekend which for me is good! Here is one of them.


The classes were amazing, I have only managed to finish 2 of them so far. This class designed by Lisa was right up my street with lots of distressing, inking and scrunching up. Lisa was lovely too! I am definitley going to be looking out for more vintage embellishments from now on, thanks for the tips Lisa.

On saturday morning we all rotated around and the Zircons first class was with Jane Dean, her class involved lots of cutting and layering which was fab.

Before lunch on Saturday I had my photo shoot with Cheryl which I really enjoyed we managed to get outside as well which I was really pleased about, the trees looked so beautiful with their orange leaves. I did see the results but they have to be tweaked before I get the proper ones so watch this space!
Angie, Chloe, Vicki and I decided to go on a bit of an explore after lunch, we found this gorgeous staircase and window seat in the old part of the hotel, I think Angie took this photo.
This is me taking a photo of Angie taking a photo of Chloe who is taking a photo of the trees!!

Exercise classes!

Mug shot :)

This room was usually so busy it was quite strange to come back after lunch and find it almost deserted. Just look at all that yummy stash though!
I didn't take many photos, after playing with Angies camera I realised how much better hers was so she is very kindly going to send me a cd with all the photos that we took with it on. I also had a little play with Vickis camera a Cannon 450D it is now on my Christmas list...thanks Vicki!
Overall I had a really good weekend, it was really well organised and all the gogo girls were lovely. I even managed to get home in 3.5 hours!!
I am really tempted to book for October but will have to wait and see. Got to get myself ready for a weekend away with the Sarahs Cards DT now I am leaving on Friday morning....can't wait!!
TFL

4 comments:

beksynormz said...

Go on Rachael, you know you want to book it!!!! I'm going and would love to meet you. Looks like a fabby weekend xxx

Paige said...

what a great weekend! you will love that camera when you get it! I got one last year and am now never without it!!

Unknown said...

Lovely photos Rachael- love the jumping one!
I am so thinking about going again next year- only wish i could go to both!!
You *need* that camera, you'll love it. x

Jackie xxx said...

I was great to meet you as well, love your shots around the hotel, will have to join you next time.