Friday, October 2, 2009

Loving Vintage!!

I think I am going through a vintage stage with my scrapping at the moment, I really enjoyed putting this layout together. I wanted the blue frame to pop off the page so I cut it out of the pink background paper and then traced around it on the darker turquoise paper. I cut it out about a cm from the traced line leaving myself room to distress the edges. I covered the hole in the pink paper by sticking a piece of paper over the back. I distressed the edges of the dark turquoise paper and stuck it onto the page and then stuck the blue frame on top of that using foam pads.
To make the flower I cut out five circles of increasing size, distressed the edges using an emery board and then screwed each piece of paper up tightly. Then unfold each circle and flatten them out slightly, layer them up and fix a brad through the centre.



TFL

5 comments:

Jill said...

Wow Rachael, what a lovely LO - love the picture and glad the 'prima' like flowers tutorial came in handy!!!

Ann said...

I love the vintage look too and this layout is gorgeous! The colours go so well together and the way you've made the frame and flower make them jump off the page. Great page!

Jen said...

gorgeous page! beautiful colour combinations.

kjjc said...

How on earth did you get the girls to wear matching T-shirts? Gorgeous vintage page with modern girls.

Claire aka Feline said...

Thats very different for you but it has such a pretty feel to it. I love the family photo too xx